Yoruba Women are one of the Most Beautiful Women in the World!
Here are seven things you should know about Yoruba woman and Yoruba traditional wedding.
1. Yoruba girls are beautiful: They are respectful and wonderful cooks. Yoruba girls, would feed you well while you are married to them and you can be sure that they will take good care of your children.
2. Yoruba girls are good dressers: Yoruba girls have various types of clothes which distinguish them and make them distinct from others. Yoruba girls take pride in dressing when it comes to ceremonies and weddings.
Yoruba girls give importance and significance to how a woman appears as it is believed that, the appearance of a woman describes the type of person she is and the type of family she comes from.
Yoruba women love to wear Iro and Buba, Gele, and Iborun with beautiful beads such as Akun, Iyun, Lagidigba either around their necks, waists or ankles with various forms of beautiful hair styles such as Ipako Elede, kolese, Suku, Kojusoko, Alagogo, and many more.
3. Yoruba traditional marriage: The first thing to do is an introduction, the groom visits the family of the bride in the company of his father and some family members so they can get to know one another.
The introduction does not require much preparation, except for offering tubers of yam, few bottles of wine (Emu Funfun). The family of the bride is purview to the visit hosts the visitors and entertain them for the both families to discuss when the wedding would take place.
The engagement is an integral part of the traditional marriage as the ceremony proceeds with the items listed below for the engagement.
* A bag of sugar
* A bag of rice
* About forty large tubers of yam
* Alligator pepper
* Bitter kola
* A bag of salt
* Kola nut
4. Love: Yoruba girl, fall in love with any tribe if she believed the man is the dream man for her. This is the main reason you see beautiful Yoruba women married to other men that are not from their region.
5. Yoruba girls are Highly accommodating: The fact is that Yorubas in generally are highly accommodating people. Historically, Yorubas have been at the forefront of the tribes who welcome strangers. They do entertain their guests even if the person is not from a Yoruba-spoken town. This spirit of warmly allowing non-indigenes to live among them is why Igbo, Hausa and other parts of the world lived in Yoruba land with love peace and unity.
6. Adventure: Yoruba girls love to travel so you can be well assured that when you married a Yoruba girl she is ready to travel with you. Because Yoruba women loved to travel, they travel for education, business, and other reasons.
7. Yoruba girls are Independently minded: Yoruba girls have freedom in the choice of whom she decided to marry. If an Igbo or Hausa man comes to her and shows interest in her, she does not look at his language or tribe. If she is ready for marriage, she thinks about it and agrees to marry the man even if the man is from Europe, America or Asia.
GOD bless Otunba Dr. Gani Adams, the Convener of OPU Worldwide